The World Stevia Organisation is a non-profit-making international organization. In no case, part of its assets or incomes shall benefit to any private or individual partnership or corporation.
Created in May 2010 for the first conference about Stevia organized by SFA, WSO is the result of a coordinate willing of SFA, ISANH and JSA committees. They were looking for new strategies to prevent chronical diseases like obesity or diabetes. One of these was Stevia application in food and beverages. SFA, ISANH and JSA decided to set up a committee in order to link together all people involve in Stevia at all levels: the WSO was born.
The aims of WSO are to:
- Advance the practical applications of Stevia and low calories natural sweeteners.
- Analysis and provide recommendations to WSO's members, health decision makers and institutions about the last Stevia and all natural sweeteners trends, uses and problems.
- Transfer the basic researches and data into a real clinical and pharmaceutical applications
- Transfer the basic researches and data into a real nutritional and nutraceutical applications
- Bridge Stevia and all natural sweeteners related users and manufactures
- Bring together the countries involve in Stevia and all natural sweeteners and pool their knowledge
- Highlight the knowledge on Stevia
- Grow and help emerging countries in their development
- Informe about the scientific research and the worldwide regulatory evolution
- Give keys to companies to succeed in Stevia Formulation
- Encourage communication and interaction among researchers, physicians, nutritionists, industrials, food technology and strategic marketing managers through Network Sessions
- Promote the nutritional and health benefits of Stevia
- Exchange ideas, information, education and coordination of International Meetings on Stevia
- Offer a forum for discussions on the late-breaking discoveries in all fields of Stevia through international publications and internet diffusion
You will find more information on the Membership page.